Oral health is very important to your overall health, more than you might realize.
Actually, your oral health provides clues about your overall health. Also, any problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body!
Your mouth is the entry and starting point of your digestive system, and some of these bacteria can cause disease.
Normally the body's natural defences (your well working immune system) and daily oral health care (brushing and flossing), keeps everything under control (any kind of bacteria). But without proper oral hygiene (specially proper flossing), bacteria can reach levels that might lead to oral infections.
Studies suggest that oral bacteria and the inflammation associated with a severe form of gum disease (periodontitis) might play a role in some diseases. Your oral health might contribute to various diseases like cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, pneumonia and even Alzheimer's.
The way out: 8 advises from specialists to protect your oral health:
- Floss daily (specially before sleeping)
- Brush (after flossing) your teeth at least twice a day (brush in a proper way, not too much pressure to your teeth, also only middle-bristled brush)
- Use mouthwash after brushing
- Undergo annual professional dental cleansing
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-up’s (annually)
- Eat a healthy diet and eliminate sugar from your food (check out JaWa diet)
- Change your toothbrush every three months or sooner if bristles are splayed or worn
- Use your own brush only
As you understood by now, taking care of your oral health is very important, as it will participate in great health, and thus – being able to enjoy life even more.
Happy care taking, Jasmin Waldmann
Check out this video and share it with your friends:
Jasmin Waldmann is a well renowned international Life Coach. She guides people of any age, occupations, gender or nationality to work on their charisma, inner balance, guide how to become more successful and boost mental and physical health – and this counts for business and private life. Jasmin helps in a team-character way to a life full of joy and satisfaction.
Share your feedback, questions, experiences and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org and read more articles here: www.jasminwaldmann.com/blog